RE: getopt: ugly linker messages

> I'm willing to do this but I have the same reservations that I think
> you're expressing above, Chuck.  Also, the auto-import of
> data variables
> is slower than a normal dllimport so I don't feel real
> comfortable about
> making this the default.
>
> I don't feel really strongly about this however, so if the
> consensus is
> that this should be turned on, I'll make a cygwin-specific change to
> binutils.
>
> cgf

And.. Hmmm..

I *think* auto import of data variables may be somewhat broken (and declared
import of data variables too) if

1) The import library is stripped with --strip-unneeded
   and/or
2) The import is from another DLL (.exe -> .dll[func] -> .dll[data])

(See msg dated 9/17/03 which seems to have been drowned.. There is a test
case in it)

--Ivan