^Z does not get back to shell prompt in v1.5.4-1 on WinXP

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the latest Cygwin DLLs I am now using v1.5.4-1. Somewhere in the last two 1.5 updates I have lost the ability to suspend the foreground job, it had been working. The fixes listed in the mailing list (adding tty to the CYGWIN env. variable) did not work for me (see below).

I normally run tcsh (tcsh.exe -l) but I did try the same with the Cygwin.bat file as provided. In both cases hitting ^Z to suspend the active job resulted in the cygwin window 'hanging'. It looks like the job is suspended, but I never get back to the shell prompt.

Here's the specifics;

1) Launch tcsh or Bash
2) Launch vim or less (probably others did not check)
3) hit ^Z

At this point my system will be 'hung'. By hung I mean although I am back to the shell, I get no shell prompt and any text I type is not echoed to the screen. If I'm running in X I can go in and kill -9 the vim or less process and whatever I had typed at the 'hung' window will magically be piped to the shell and try to be executed.

I did try the 'tty' fix as shown in the mailing lists. If I place tty in my CYGWIN environment variable the text that I type at the hung window will be echoed but not executed. In both cases I never get the shell prompt back. Same in X or running standalone. I also tried a reinstall of the core cygwin components, rebooting, etc. to no avail.

What did I miss?
-Al