Re: Upgrading Cygwin - postinstall difficulties?

> Well, you shouldn't run setup with Cygwin processes running in the first
> place.  I've been meaning to add an interactive dialog on failing to
> replace cygwin1.dll that would let you kill Cygwin processes and retry the
> replacement, but haven't got to it yet (and probably won't for quite a
> bit).

this is difficult to do and keep installation integrity.  better might be
finding processes/file handles open in the cygwin install area after
choosing the installation target area, and not allowing install to continue
until those processes shut down.  this is a classic installation issue,
and if you don't have cancel and (graceful) rollback, there will be a
loophole for failure.

-- rich