RE: Find: missing alphabetically last dirtree - FIX verified

> From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
> Of Christopher Faylor

Unrelated comments added after /-line below.

>  This still bugged me and I finally managed to duplicate it
> on one of my non-CD directories.  The problem only manifests if the first
> entry in a directory is a directory.  It's an ancient cygwin problem that
> should be fixed in "tonight's snapshot".

 "I do hereby verify" that the latest snapshot, i.e:
$ cygcheck -svr | grep -i cygwin1
  948k 2003/09/14 C:\Program\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2003/9/14 4:09
indeed makes find behave as it should.

My tests aren't that deep one could expect though; I've run my
'find_check'-script on the three MSDN CD's so far.
I'll probably be using other related scripting henceforth RSN(tm), which
leads to more 'implied testing'.

> By "tonight" I am, of course, referring to my own frame of reference
> which is EDT (UTC -400).

 I assume that should be UTC-4. Then we're '5 hours apart' - 05:00 for you
is 10:00 for me - i.e. I was less than an hour 'quick' checking for the
snapshot, assuming it was published at 5 in the morning.

 Being tired and generally impatient is my excuse for this - 'brain
performance' is lowered considerably in the late hours ;-7 .

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59?16.37'N, 17?12.60'E
--CET, GMT+1, UTC+1--

This was moved here, because it really is off topic:

> On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 12:21:48PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >Ok.  I guess I don't have any more time to devote to it either.  Thanks
> >for playing.
>
> Ok.  I lied.

 Ha! ;-)

I am impatient[1] too, so you I believe I have full recognition of the
problem... I was very disappointed (just like a child ;-] - I know) when I
couldn't find the 'famous' snapshot.

[1] I'd day this is a sickness of our time. Waiting for more than a number
of seconds has become something that is hard, for a number of people. Me
included.

 ;-) I'm afraid of using faster computers than my own, because then I'll
grow impatient on it - as I am currently stuck with it. But then, I have
'practice' of running relatively slow computers; An MC68060 based Amiga, I
still use it, mostly for burning CD's of backups and digital image
collections. (I have digital photo as one of my more time consuming
hobbies.)

--END OF MESSAGE--