Like to start dialog about dpkg package

Hello,

I would like to start a dialog about the dpkg package.
I see that it's included in the cygwin package list,
and is installable via the cygwin setup/installer.

However.....

I also see that the package doesn't initialize correctly
(when you run dselect, things don't happen as I expect).

Anyway, I would like to see this aspect of cygwin
enhanced and taken forward, but I would also like to
get some more information (such as, is there a debian
package repository somewhere for cygwin packages),
what is the agreed upon architecture for the debian
packages, etc, etc.