FQDN hostname

Hello,

I'd like to know why the cygwin hostname can't take any argument. I need to
see if my FQDN win32 hostname is properlly configured, and all what I can
see using 'hostname' is just the netbios name. Is it possible to see (and
maybe set) the full hostname with cygwin ?

My main problem is my mailer (Outlook Express) just send the netbios name
when it says HELO to the smtp mailserver, that adds a
header to all my outgoing mails.
Is it possible to bypass this behaviour, and force OE to send its full
qualified domain name, when it says HELO ? And I assume that cygwin and OE
use the same kind of method to retrieve the hostname.

TIA,

--
Kick | GPGKeyId: 0xD657340C
et je ne fais aucunes fautes d'orthographes en tappant au clavier sans