Re: Re: Postinstall script error

Hi Igor,

>If you had Cygwin processes running, cygwin1.dll was locked and could not
>be replaced by setup.  As a result, you got newer apps installed, but
>tried running them with an older cygwin1.dll, which was missing some
>functions.
Mhm... That's possible. One cygwin session was running, so probably this is the cause of my problem. Conclusion: maybe setup should check if any cygwin session is running during the setup procedure and prompt user to end it before upgrade?

>Reboot.  Setup uses the "replace on reboot" flag if it\'s unable to
>overwrite a file.  If you reboot, your cygwin1.dll should be updated to
>the newer version.  If not, please get back to the list with the output of
>"cygcheck -svr" as an uncompressed text *attachment* (as indicated in
><http://cygwin.com/problems.html>).

I will remember next ime. BTW: the same day in the afternoon HD in my laptop died, so I will definitely have fresh cygwin instalation next week. Thanks for help!

Greetings

Tomasz Rojek

P.S. Currently I do not have any access to the mailing list, so please forward my reply to the folks in case you think it should be done. T