Re: 7-Zip

Biju G C wrote:

I wish there is somebody to port this.

As per Igor Standalone command line version in folder
Project\archiver\bundle\Alone\ will be easy to port

I made a try at it, once.. but it has lotsa subdirectories and libraries... without working Makefiles is not-so-easy to figure out how to compile.
Moreover the source code is written so "Windows-like" (and I know *no* Windows programming) that I can't understand which part of the code is Windows-specific and which one just uses Windows names for "normal things"...

Hint: the author now accepts 20$ registration with email support... maybe if we get some people pay him to do help in basic 7z "gcc" support he would do that sooner, something like "look, we have 20 paying users, but we would like cygwin supoprt soon, pleeeeaseeee" 0=)
(porting is already in his to-do list... at the bottom of it, actually)

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)