Re: Core dumps : gij (GNU libgcj) version 3.2 20020927 (prerelease)

jurgen.defurne@philips.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am writing some code using the following directory structure,
> like it should be in java
>
> ./source
> ./source/classes
>
> putting into ./source the application, and in ./source/classes
> the libraries, where one of the libraries is programmed to
> throw an exception at a certain moment. When I execute
> this code using gij, I get a core dump. When I compile this
> code to an executable, it works fine.
>
> I have tested my code under Linux, with gij-3.0 and gij-3.3,
> there it executes fine, so the problem lies probably in the
> cygwin implementation.
>
> I have narrowed the problem down to a small main file, and
> a single class in the subdirectory which throws an exception.
> The problem persists.
>
> If anyone likes to investigate, I can send him my example
> code and a core dump as a tar file.

You've sent this (at least in essence) a couple of times to the list and
no one has answered.  This either means that other people aren't
experiencing the same problems as you are or that they're not as gcj
savvy as you might have hoped.

If this goes un-replied, your best bet would be to try and debug this
yourself using gdb, and see where the problem occurs.

-- Elfyn