Use HOME and END in emacs

I access cygwin via ssh using putty.  I am a vim user and want to learn
some basic knowledge about emacs.  When I entered emacs,  I found that I
cannot move the cursor using HOME key and END key to the beginning or
end of the line. C-a and C-e works though.

I check my keybind using C-h b and found the key <home> is already bind
to the function beginning-of-line, just as the same as C-a. So why they
behave differently?  I configured 'The Home and End Keys' to 'Standard'
under my putty's 'Keyboard' configuration pannel and the environment
variable TERM=xterm.

Thanks advance.

--
Lucifer <lucifer@tsinghua.org.cn>