From: Jörg Schaible
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 11:22 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Libxml2 package problem?

Hello libxml2 maintainer,

currently I try to compile davtool-0.1.0 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/davtool), a command line utulity I would expect to build OOTB on Cygwin. Unfortunately the configuring fails due to an unfound parser.h in the xml-package, see output:

========== snip =============
checking for xml2-config... xml2-config
checking libxml/xmlversion.h usability... yes
checking libxml/xmlversion.h presence... yes
checking for libxml/xmlversion.h... yes
checking libxml/parser.h usability... no
checking libxml/parser.h presence... no
checking for libxml/parser.h... no
checking parser.h usability... no
checking parser.h presence... no
checking for parser.h... no
configure: error: could not find parser.h, libxml installation problem?

[1] jos@JOS /usr/local/src/davtool-0.1.0
$ find /usr -name "parser.h" /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/parser.h

Configure expects this file obviously in /usr/include/libxml and I am asking myself if this is a problem of the libxml2 package installing files at the wrong position or not including a necessary link?

Regards,
Jörg