From: Igor Pechtchanski [mailto:pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu]
Sent: 26 August 2003 02:00
To: Johan Kruger
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Failing to delete files that is hold by makegroup

Johan,

Well, for one, why not use "rm -rf" instead?  I'm not at all sure the -d
flag is even implemented on Cygwin.

Also, the value "mkgroup_l_d" for your group means that your /etc/group
doesn't contain the group of the file owner.  Please make sure it's up to
date (see <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html>).

If the above still doesn't help, perhaps someone more knowledgeable in
ntsec behavior can chime in.  BTW, can you delete the directory using
Windows explorer (I'm not suggesting this as a workaround, just a data
point)?
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/