[Serial] PPP/SLIP/.../ network?

Hello all,

I am currently using the latest Cygwin DLL release version (1.3.22-1) on a
Windows 2000 computer. I am quite new to the Cygwin world.

This computer is connected to the "external" world through its network card.
I have also a laptop without any network card, but a free serial port.

I would like to allow the laptop to reach this "external" world through the
Windows 2000 computer.
The laptop is running Linux.

I have a null-modem cable to connect the two computers.

What I would like to implement : a TCP-IP connection between the laptop and
the desktop computers.

I have searched through google and the mailing-list archives, but did not
found anything.
Someone gave the advice to try pptpd, but version 1.1.3 does not compile
under Cygwin.
I have also tried ppp 2.4.1, but configure complains about Windows and
says that Windows/Cygwin does not correspond to any available compilation
option.

Any other idea?
I can try any other network possibility : SLIP for example, but I do not
know where to look at for Cygwin.

I thank you in advance for any advice/pointer/help,

Sylvain.