Re: Migrating mail from Win95 to WinXP

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 08:15:45PM +0200, Olaf Foellinger wrote:
> > What should the permissions be?  I won't be able to verify them until
> > I'm home later tonight.
>
> You should have read/write access to them of course. The difference
> between 95 and XP are the acl's and how cygwin uses them.

Okay, I took a look at the procmail log and noticed two things.

First, it didn't like that $HOME/.procmailrc was world-writable.  Fixed
with a chmod 644.

Second, it fails when it tries to lock the mailboxes and winds up
putting everything in the default mailbox.

The permissions on my mail directory is drwxrwxrwx, whereas here it's
just -rw------- (Under Linux).

Under Cygwin-WinXP Pro, is the correct permissions the same as under
Linux?

Thanks

Charles