Re: Fw: help for a newbie C Programmer

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 12:55:45PM +0100, Jag wrote:
> Hi Ronald,
>
> that worked, but i'm now getting 'ld: cannot find -lnsl';
Each time the linker tells you it can't find -l<something> it means you're
missing the corresponding library. Try removing it from the link line and
see what happens. If all goes well - coold. If not, you'll have missing
references to functions that live in a library somewhere - find that
library with a few well-aimed google searches to solve it, or ask here if
Googling doesn't work.

> The make file line is now
> ld -dy -G -o libbridge.so bridge.o nwutil.o
> jagsocket.o -Bstatic -lc -IIRC -lnsl
>
> is there anywhere i can get more info or what nsl is and what the
> corresponding libraries are in Cygwin?
Yup - google for it (nsl library or somesuch)

> by the way, you are right AIX is Unix. I meant to say that I am porting
> some AIX code onto windows 2k.
That's what I WAGed.

rlc

> Thanks

"Computers may be stupid, but they're always obedient. Well, almost always."

  -- Larry Wall (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)