Re: compile gtk2 applications on cygwin?

Hi, Gerrit,
thanks for answering that fast.

>There are some gnome2 patches available, there is xlocale used where
>it is needed, see here for a starting point:
>http://cygnome2.sourceforge.net/test-patches/

I don't think that I need gnome at all because I built the program
in glade as a gtk-project not a gnome-project. But I admit that I
never testet on a completely gnomefree linux box.

So far I tried with your gtk build (at least I found some message of
you stating that this is from you) from http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/gtk+/.
Mainly because I need the newest gtk version because the olders have
a bug in the treeview-widget. I suppose you have succesfully compiled
and run applications on it. Do you have any 'hello world'-like
test-projects
around? Maybe it's just my installation that is broken.

If possible I'd like to stay out of compiling the whole gtk stuff.

Thanks,
Franz
Franz Parzefall
Vision Systems