Re: ld -r errors with C++ objects

> > When I link two particular .o files together into a new relocatable
> > (using ld -r) I get errors from ld, instead of a new .o file. This
> > happens in many of our C++ projects, but only on Cygwin. I have
> > reduced the test cases significantly.
>
> ld doesn't speak C++. Use g++ to link C++ modules.

Thanks for the advice.  I tried using g++ for the link step. Ordinarily
that results in ld complaining that it can't find WinMain, which makes
sense because I am trying to link two .o files which do not constitute
an entire program.

I tried passing the -r option to ld using g++'s -Wl,-r option, so that
it would not expect to see WinMain; that resulted in an error very similar
to the one that I got before when I simply used ld -r.

--
gaeke@uiuc.edu