Information regarding problem when Windows cannot re-use PID numbers

Hello cygwin users,
Some time ago i experienced a problem when compiling big programs under cygwin when Windows after some time stops allowing you to run any more processes with one of the following messages:

fork: Permission denied
Insufficient system resources exist to complete requested service.

I have searched through cygwin mailing list to find any valuable info in order to solve the problem but found only other users reporting similar problem.

The problem was clearly described by one of the users here, basically it is related to spawning of processes by Windows and when you run multiple processes (one by one, not in parallel) windows start growing PID numbers incrementally and does not re-use them when it should.

I had to reinstall Windows to find what is causing it, and finally was able to do it.
It was a Firewall software called Agnitum Outpost which was causing such a bad behavior. When i uninstalled this application problems have gone and windows was able to re-use PID numbers again as it should. This is related to both Outpost 1.0 and 2.0 versions. This was tested on different computers (Windows XP [SP1]).
I have sent a bug report few days ago regarding this problem to Agnitum.

I know, this is not related to cygwin, but i thought it might be a valuable information to some people who ran into this problem and was not able to find the cause.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.