Re: Win2k and cygwin memory leak

> Looking at RAMpage's code and reading the description, I see nothing
> that indicates it would solve this supposed "memory leak" problem.  All
> that it does is allocate a huge chunk of memory and free it, forcing any
> fragmented memory out onto disk.  I really don't see how that would
> cause any improvement in anything related to a memory leak.

I do not know much, but I do know this. With RAMpage running 4 times a day,
my server stays up. Without it, it crashes. The only thing running on the
box other than the naked OS and backup software and Anti-virus, is cygwin
and cygwin installed apps. I agree with you to the extent that it certainly
doesn't *solve* the *supposed* memory leak problem. But it keeps my server
up and I'm sure it will help others too.

BK

"Christopher Faylor" <cgf-idd@cygwin.com>@cygwin.com on 08/07/2003 10:48:57
PM

Please respond to cygwin@cygwin.com