From: Igor Pechtchanski [mailto:pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 5:08 PM
To: Menon, Girish (MED, WIPRO-GE MED)
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Unable to bring up netscape as any other user

BTW, as I mentioned before, cygrunsrv has the -i/--interactive option
that
allows you to set this from the command line.

FYI, backtick processing does not happen in the background -- the
spawning
shell actually waits for the child to complete.  That said, what are the
exact errors you're getting when you try to execute that script?  Keep
in
mind that your environment (in particular, $PATH) may not be the same in
the spawned process and the interactive shell.  Try fully specifying the
paths to any commands ("env" and "grep" in your example).
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his
route