Re: Win2k and cygwin memory leak

> Seems like your saying that (using a car analogy) he should replace the
> carberator when the real problem is a leak in the fuel line.  (IOW
> you're attacking the wrong area - your problem lies elsewhere).

Nope - gotta lower your expectations. I use to work in shop when I was in
high school. Bascially I'd snip the line at the leak, get a piece of rubber
hose and a couple of hose clamps. Back on the road in five minutes!!

- Oh but that's not SAFE  ( you may counter )

( to which I would say ) - neither are crashing servers ...

Assuming of course we stick to your analogy and assume that I can't
'replace'
the fuel line because - well - it's "Ford's" problem .....

You see, basic people (clueless) are very practical. Why put in a new
engine
when a piece of duct tape will do???

"Andrew DeFaria" <ADeFaria@Salira.com>@cygwin.com on 08/07/2003 02:58:10 PM

Sent by:    cygwin-owner@cygwin.com