Re: SSH session terminates with Ctl+C

Jeff Nokes wrote:

Hi,
I've ran into a strange issue, one of which I have not run into before with
cygwin.  I have a W2K workstation at work, and I use cygwin to ssh into both
Solaris and RedHat Linux boxes to do development.  Sometimes, while ssh'd into
a remote host, I have to 'Ctl+C' out of a process when it hangs.  When
connected to the Solaris boxes, the Ctl+C just puts me back at the command
prompt on the remote host, which is what I would expect it to do.  But when
I'm connected to a Linux box and I Ctl+C out of a process, not only does it
kill the process on the remote Linux host, but it kills my active ssh session
with that host and puts me back in the default cygwin shell in my W2K
environment.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the ssh session with Linux terminates
all-together?  I would like to have it not do that.

Did you check the versions of sshd running on Solaris and Linux?  FWIW,
ssh into Cygwin from Cygwin shows the same results as you say you get
from Solaris.  But this doesn't seem to be a Cygwin problem.  If checking
the sshd versions doesn't shed light on the problem, I would suggest
taking the question to a SSH forum, perhaps with a bent toward Linux.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746