Re: Administrator lacking super-user privileges on cygwin installation

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Ville Herva wrote:

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:03:18PM -0400, you [Larry Hall] wrote:

I tried adding '-d' to the sshd parameters, but that doesn't help (gives
the
same error 255) - it seems to die earlier than that.

What does /var/log/sshd.log say?

It remains empty, on both servers.

Based on time stamp, it appears to last touched when I ran sshd from command
line. As said, now the sshd is running as a service on an user account. With
SYSTEM account, service still fails to start with error code 255. I believe
sshd fails to _execute_ for some curious reason (so it doesn't get to open
the log), but why?

IIRC, the default installation of sshd as service used the event log for
all output, rather than /var/log/sshd.log (though I'm not too sure on this
one)...

Right.  But Ville mentioned that he ran sshd with the '-d' flags which
would send diagnostics to /var/log/sshd.log.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746