missing exported function from cygwin1.dll

Hi,

I've looked through all the faqs and have searched the archives, but I can't find a resolution. I downloaded cygwin 1.3.22-1 along with several other binaries from the cygwin site using setup.exe. I have the current versions of everything. Vim and tcsh would not work, with an error indicating that the executable file is linked to a missing cygwin1.dll exported function. Cygwin1.dll is where it is supposed to be, so I don't think it's a problem with vim or tcsh not being able to point to the library.

Otherwise cygwin runs fine, including BASH commands as well as utilities such as ed and awk.

I've uninstalled, re-downloaded, and re-installed cygwin 1.3.22-1; no dice.

The /etc/profile file has the appropriate path defined, /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin. Cygwin1.dll is in /bin where / is the root cygwin directory.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks