RE: apache dies with pppoe

Since dhcp is handled by windows i cant see how you can avoid having to run
a cron job, even if just a script to check if your ip has changed and
restart apache if so.
somthing like this
-----------cut foo.sh---------------
#!/bin/bash

#check if we have the old IP recorded
if [ -e /tmp/old.ip ]
        then
# we do so use it
OLDIP=`cat /tmp/old.ip`
        else
# we dont have it, set to a value that will cause apache to restart
OLDIP="restart"
fi
#get our current IP
NEWIP=`ipconfig |grep "IP Address" |sed -e 's/.*:\(.*\)/\1/' `

#check if they are the same
if [ "${OLDIP}" == "${NEWIP}" ]
        then
                exit 0
fi
echo "different ip"
echo "restart apache"
#add "/path/to/apachectl restart" here
echo "saving new IP for next test"
echo "${NEWIP}" > /tmp/old.ip

(probably over complex but my scripting needs all the practice it can get.)