Re: Setup fails on XP Pro : no files in /etc + no permissions in /bin

Milner, Jon (EU-SES) wrote:
> When I attempt to install Cygwin on my (new) XP Pro machine, setup appears
> to complete okay, and I can launch bash, but something has gone badly
wrong
> (see listings below).
>
> Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
> (Or what extra information I need to provide to enable a diagnosis).

Please post the output of "getfacl /" and "cacls C:\cygwin" - preferably
before you modify the permissions in any way.

If you have modified the permissions, then it would great if you could erase
C:\cygwin and reinstall it.

Don't forget to double the backslash if running the cacls command from bash.

Max.