Re: Remounting /cygdrive/c as /c

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 12:09:48PM -0400, Rob wrote:
>Yeah, sorry for not putting in any detail.  The reason why I suggested this
>is because I've had the same problem, and restarting solved it.  I can't say
>for sure, but I'm guessing that the change doesn't take effect until the
>cygwin dll gets loaded into memory.

For the record, this is not the way things are supposed to work.  A cygdrive
change should be recognized instaneously by all cygwin processes.

I suspect that this particular problem was due to a user-mode cygdrive
mount taking precedence over the system mode.  cygcheck output would have
confirmed or denied that theory, of course.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org