Re: #define _POSIX_REALTIME_SIGNALS causes parse error in sys/signal.h

----- Original Message -----
From: "Igor Pechtchanski" <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu>
To: "Attila Szegedi" <szegedia@freemail.hu>
Cc: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 11:52 PM
Subject: Re: #define _POSIX_REALTIME_SIGNALS causes parse error in
sys/signal.h

> What about the declaration of "siginfo_t" ~100 lines earlier?

Yup, that's it - I started a separate thread to ask this one. It's there,
but guarded with
#if defined(__rtem__)
I just don't feel it's safe to define __rtem__ when attempting to compile
for Windows... You see, those headers are generic Cygnus headers, so they
contain code for Cygnus embedded targets as well. For some reason, siginfo_t
is compiled only when __rtem__ is defined...

Anyway, that piece of code (essentially a signal handler) isn't *that* much
critical - signals are used only to implement few auxiliary services - so
maybe I'll just end up omitting it altogether. I understand that UNIX
signals might not be properly emulated under Windows. pthread_yield would be
critical to have, though.

Attila.