Re: Backing up cygwin

Luciano wrote:
Well, thanks for making me aware of the other two things that he mentioned, although I still have no idea of what he is talking about :-)

Now, why not store these things in goold old fuzzy and warm text files? Registry sucks, and it sucks badly.

The reason why the mount table cannot be stored in a file is: where would this file be located? It couldn't be under the cygwin "/" path because, without the mount table, you don't know where that is.

And besides, CygWin is set of windows programs and it's normal for windows programs to use the registry (and faster than text files).