Re: cygwin 1.5.0-1 managed mount bug (?)

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 09:52:26AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 03:23:44PM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
>>I just downloaded the new Cygwin for testing - cygcheck output is
>>available at
>>
>>http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/cygcheck.out
>>af795066e634db97201a98fdb1a974d4 *cygcheck.out
>>
>>and did this:
>>
>>$ mkdir c:/foo
>>$ mkdir /foo
>>$ mount -o managed c:/foo /foo
>>$ cd /foo
>>$ touch hello
>>$ touch Hello
>>$ touch aux
>>$ ls
>>%61ux  Hello  hello
>>
>>the bug is obvious (I think) but in case I need to spell it out, the
>>result of ls should have been
>>aux    Hello  hello
>>
>>There seems to be a slight problem with the mangling/demangling of the
>>name.
>
>You're right.  I know exactly what the problem is.
>
>Can I make my usual grumble that this feature was available in the last
>three snapshots?  It is a real shame that snapshots are so
>underutilized.  If this had been noticed previously, I would have fixed
>it prior to release.
>
>Snapshots always reflect the current state of development of cygwin.
>If you are interested in playing with them, then there is no need to
>wait until a release.

Btw, I should point out that I don't think I ever mentioned the snapshot
possibility to anyone so I left this to the imaginations of readers
everywhere.  So, mea culpa.

Take it as a given, however, that cygwin snapshots reflect the current
state of cygwin and, if you want to help out, trying a snapshot is a
good way to do so.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.