Re: release 1.3.22-1 uninstall \etc\hosts

Bhavraj Singh wrote:

Hi,

After uninstalling cygwin by removing the directory, shortcuts etc. there are are links to 2 files which refuse to get deleted, they are \etc\hosts and \etc\lib. Any suggestions on how to remove the links (shortcuts)?

Must be some kind of permissions problem, though I can't tell anything
more specific from the information given.  Try going to the explorer
and checking the permissions.  If necessary, take ownership of the
files and then delete them.  Of course, all this assumes that you've
removed all Cygwin services that you may have been running as well.
I'm assuming this because you didn't say that you had trouble removing
any other files (like cygwin1.dll).  But this is something to check if
your description above isn't quite complete.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746