RE: Help on Scripts

Not realy thecorrect list, you need a shell scripting list or newsgroup like
comp.unix.shell
however in bash something like

-----------cut here--------------------------
#!/bin/bash

#enter date here (using your example)
DATE=20030117
#set number here
NUMBER=5100025

for file in PPD.$DATE.*
	do
		echo $file
		grep -n $NUMBER $file
	done
should do the job.

(i'm only a dabbler in shell scripting though so test throughly :)