RE: Interrupting program from command line

> From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
> Of Alex Vinokur

> I have some program that works endlessly.
> I want the program to be interrupted in some time after starting.
> Is it possible to do that from command?
>
> Something like (pseudo-code) :
> $ run 6 sec my_program,

 I think it should be possible to create a script that does this, with the
help of the internal job control of bash. i.e. catch the PID of a started
job in a bash variable (e.g. set TASK_PID=`...`), then 'sleep' for a number
of seconds and finally 'kill -9' $TASK_PID .

Reference:
---
$ info bash
/job