CRLF to LF Issue

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the 'patch' utility to modify some source code files
created in MS-Windows Notepad. The source code is designed to ONLY be used
in MS-Windows, so I'm not interested in porting between Unix/MS-Windows. The
source code files are line terminated with a CR and LF, in the normal MS-DOS
fashion. If I use 'patch' to apply a patch file to this source code, the
CRLF pair become a single LF for every line in the file. The patch file may
only apply to one or two lines and was generated using 'diff -Nur' on this
platform. Obviously, I want to retain my CRLF pair instead of it being
converted to a single LF.

I've checked the FAQ and some of the mailing list archives, but cannot find
anything part from references to 'Text and Binary modes' in the user guide.
I've tried setting the CYGWIN environment variable to binmode and nobinmode
and I've tried the commands within the Cygwin shell as well as a regular
MS-DOS prompt. The commands are being run on the local NTFS partition.

Version Numbers
---------------
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
uname -a : CYGWIN_NT-5.1 net251 1.3.22(0.78/3/2) 2003-03-18 09:20 i686
unknown unknown Cygwin
Patch :  2.5.8

TIA

Rich

Note: ESPO currently uses Microsoft Office 2000/XP.

Please make sure that files you send can be read in this format. This
message is intended only for the named addressee(s) and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the named
addressee you should not disseminate, copy, disclose, modify or distribute
this e-mail unless authorised to do so by the sender.  If you have received
this message in error then please notify m.geary@espo.org and delete the
message and any attachments accompanying it immediately.

You are also advised that the views and opinions expressed in this e-mail
message and any attachments are the author's own, and may not reflect the
views and opinions of ESPO.