install-info.exe: The procedure entry point mbrtowc could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll.

install-info.exe - Entry point not found

The procedure entry point mbrtowc could not be
   located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll.

I just ran the cygwin setup, and let it pick all the
new current versions, and I got this error in the
post-installs perhaps 50 times (I just kept pushing
the Ok button).

Should I look for an install log to reinstall
all of these packages ? Or perhaps I should
reinstall everything from scratch; that might be
easiest it seems to me.

No cygcheck output because now my cygwin won't
run at all:

id.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point mbrtowc could not be
   located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll.

Windows XP professional Version 2002 sp1

Cordially,

Perry

(I tried searching the mailing list for "mbrtowc",
but got no hits. I tried searching for
install-info.exe, and got hits, but couldn't
understand them unfortunately.)