troubles with inetd

Hi,

I installed the inetutils package on NT4.0. and on WIN98. On WIN98, I
got no problems to run inetd and connect from other computer.

On NT, it was installed as service, after an update of register tables,
it could be run on the computer. But it was impossible to connect :
"connection refused". Then, I run inetd on command line with the
debugging option (-d) and was able to connect to the computer : without
the "-d" option on the command line, it doesn't work.

What was wrong with my installation ? Did I miss something ?

thanks

Olivier