Re: Updated: gawk-3.1.2-3

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 06:40:16PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 06:29:57PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> Corinna schrieb:
>>>I've updated the version of GNU awk to 3.1.2-3.
>>
>>>This version addresses a bug in gawk 3.1.2, which might result in
>>>skipping entire records on input when the first character read in the
>>>input buffer is a newline.
>>
>>Wow, this was the fastest bugfix in Cygwin ever, just five minutes
>>after the posting which points out the gawk bug, the fixed version was
>>uploaded!
>
>Actually make that 75 minutes.  I got the first report off-list a
>couple of minutes earlier...

Yeah, maybe I should give myself a gold star for alerting Corinna, along
with a gold star for Corinna.  I even suggested that the original bug
reporter send the report to the cygwin mailing list.

I doubt that anyone really understands or appreciates how much behind
the scenes stuff goes on between Corinna and me.  That's just part of
our really crappy maintainer duties.

Btw, I'm not suggesting a gold star for either Corinna or me, here.
This is business as usual and, if I handed one out here, I'd be spending
my days just giving out gold stars to Corinna.

cgf