Re: Setup hangs between "create icons" and "postinstall"

Will,

It seems that the postinstall script hangs at some point in execution.
The setup.log.postinstall* file is where the output is redirected. Since
the tracing of commands is not turned on, we don't quite know where it's
hanging.  Try copying base-files-mketc.sh to something like
aaabase-files-mketc.sh, to make sure it executes first (and isn't
overwritten when you reinstall the package).  Then edit the copy and add
the -x flag to the #! line (i.e., make the first line "#!/bin/sh -x").
Run setup and select the "Keep" view, and then just click "Next until
"Finish".  It will probably still hang on aaabase-files-mketc.sh, but at
least you'll get a trace of where it is.  Just press Cancel after a while,
and then post /var/log/setup.log.full (compressed with bzip2 should fit
into the size limit for this list).

If you still get no output *at all* for this script, try the usual
suspects: do you have a network directory in your path that you're not
connected to when you run setup?  Do you have another set of tools (not
Cygwin) that may have "expr"?  What does "type -a expr" show when run from
a Cygwin prompt?  How about "c:\cygwin\bin\which expr" when run from a
command prompt?
	Igor
P.S. That last one is actually a bug - we should use '/bin/expr' in the
script.

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu