Re: /usr/bin/find: . changed during execution of /usr/bin/find

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 04:28:16AM +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
>> Aren't you the new maintainer of the package which includes updatedb?
>
>Nope. 'updatedb' is a part of findutils. Unless your hinting. ;-)

Duh.  I mean, yeah, I was hinting.  You want to maintain findutils?

I see the code in findutils which exhibits the error but I don't see why
it's happening.  It seems to be triggered when inode or dev changes when
a directory is stat'ed and then stat'ed again later, which doesn't make
much sense.  They should be constant.  Or maybe they aren't on an ntfs
partition?  What partition are you seeing this on?

cgf