RE: NTsec permissions issue over inet

Steve,

Windows "security" is built in such a way that it won't trust
authentication tokens from remote machines that don't contain a password.
Thus, if you use passwordless ssh or rexec, the token created will be
enough for the local machine, but won't be accepted by a remote share.

Password-authenticated ssh *will* let you access network shares (you may
have to re-authenticate for the share itself by providing a user and
password to "net use".  An alternative is to run sshd from a shell owned
by the user you'll be logging in as, and then you should be able to use
passwordless authentication and access network shares too, at the price of
not being able to log in as other users.  You might be able to pull the
same trick with inetd as well (i.e., don't "--install-as-service")...  In
this case, they will reuse the token created when you logged in, IIUC.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu