Re: Setup failures during mirrored install

On 22 May, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>  > I'd be willing to try a debug snapshot.  I haven't used gdb to debug
>  > threads though.
>  >
>  > I assume I run ps and use the PID, not the WINPID to attach to?
>  > What are the commands to list threads, and attach to a thread?
>  >
>  > Or do you simply say "thread apply all where" ?
>  >
>  > luke
>
>  The debugging snapshot is available at <http://cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/>.
>  Just run gdb, attach to the Cygwin PID, and use "info threads" to list all
>  threads.  Then switch to each thread by using "thread <n>", where <n> is
>  the thread number, and use "where" or "bt" to get a backtrace.

I finally got a chance to get back to this problem.  You'll be glad to
know that it has simply gone away.  I suspect there really was a
problem with our local mirror (or the upstream one), and that updates
to the mirror mean the problem no longer occurs.

Thanks for the advice - and the latest Cygwin (especially "startx --
-rootless"), is better than ever!

luke