Re: No mui.h in GLUT?

Aelfwyne <elf_inside at operamail dot com> wrote:
I was experimenting with GLUT tonight, and decided to try out the user
interface features of MUI... Then, I discover there's no MUI...

>From what I've read, this is supposed to be a part of the GLUT library - is
there a reason these headers aren't included on Cygwin or am I missing
something?

MUI is an obsolete, undocumented addition to GLUT. See, for example, the following references:

www.opengl.org/developers/code/mjktips/mui/mui.html
www.sjbaker.org/steve/omniv/mui_pui_glui.html

It is not part of the binary GLUT package for Windows, so it is not included in the OpenGL package for Cygwin. It is, however, part of the source GLUT package for Windows, so it is included in the source OpenGL package for Cygwin. So, if you really insist, you can look at MUI files by downloading that source package. However, if you run into problems using them, and I bet you will, I cannot offer any support for them.

I suggest that you use GLUI instead.

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.

email: bleau at igb dot umontreal dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)

Please address all questions and problem reports about Cygwin's OpenGL package to cygwin@cygwin.com .