Re: Setup.exe sugestion/annoyance

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 11:05:02PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >Exactly.  Have a special (walled off, of course) area of the site devoted
> >to this stuff, with a link from the main page, something like "If you are
> >about to send an obnoxious message or make an indignant demand on the
> >cygwin mailing list, please click here first"...  Requiring registration
> >on that area of the site might also be a good selling point...  We can
> >distribute the FOQ (frequent obnoxious questions) mentioned above from
> >there as well... ;-)
>
> Igor,
> You've got my permission to start a FOQ, if you want.  I think this is
> a great idea.
>
> cgf

Chris,

I'd love to, but IMO it should be done completely in Flash, with some Java
applets, IE-specific tags, and faulty JavaScript thrown in for good
measure.  Unfortunately, I don't know nearly enough Flash to do this with
little effort (and I'm used to writing compatible HTML, too).  If someone
else volunteers to do this, I'll help out with the Java applets and faulty
JavaScript.  Until then I'll be content to maintain the OLOCA...

Any takers for the FOQ?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/