crontab error

I need a little help getting cron to work. My apologies if this is answered
somewhere else but I haven't been able to find it.

I've installed cron as a win2k service using "cygrunsrv -I cron -p
/usr/sbin/cron -a -D -d "Cygwin cron" -e "CYGWIN=tty ntsec" " as suggested
in another post. When I try to start the service I get "Could not start the
cygwin cron service on local computer. The service did not return an error.
This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error."

When I try to create a crontab file with "crontab -e" and save it I get the
following error "chown: Invalid argument".

What do I need to do to fix these?