Re: Best practices for Cygwin install on Terminal Server in app mode?

Markus Schönhaber wrote:

> If my memory doesn't fail me completely, there is a thing like "putting
> a terminal server in installation mode". I seem to remember that one can
> achieve this by not lauching the setup program/installer file/whatever
> directly but by using "Add new Programs" in the "System Settings /
> Software" panel. Maybe this could be a way to workaround the problem.
> It's at least worth a try, /me thinks.

The TS side I know about, believe me - and that's how I did the install
(actually I used 'change user /install', but same difference). ;)

I'm glad you mentioned that, though, because I was going to try to do
setup again WITHOUT going into install mode, and that obviously doesn't
work either.

I think we're seeing issues with some of the environment details expected
to be propagated to all users on a normal Windows system, but which don't
on TS in app mode due to the the different session spawning and management
model.