Re: Best practices for Cygwin install on Terminal Server in app mode?

Alex K. Angelopoulos wrote:
> A short followup note on this.
>
> This hasn't drawn any responses and the only reference to Windows
> Terminal Services in message subjects I found searching back to early
> 2000 was "Cygwin crashes on .Net Server 2003 with Terminal Services
> enabled", a discussion started 2003-02-24. (Message URL
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-02/msg01898.html).
>
> At this point I have the impression that no one may actually have done
> any Cygwin testing on Terminal Services in Application Mode at all.  I
> will try this on Windows 2000 and/or NT4TSE to see what happens.

I think the issue is interactions between the Cygwin installer and TS in
application mode, NOT anything with Windows 2003 per se.

Running setup in TS application mode on Win2K, I got the exact same
results as on Windows 2003.  After setup, when you launch the bash
environment, you immediately land at a bare bash prompt, like this
'bash-2.05b$'.

The environment most obviously is NOT initialized.  In fact, the global
system variables did not change at all before/after install, and when I
echo out my path in bash, I get this:

bash-2.05b$ $PATH
bash:
/cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINNT:/cygdrive/c/WINNT/System32/Wb
em:/cygdrive/c/Program: No such file or directory

The "No such file or directory' is normal for parsing path elements with
embedded spaces on XP as well, but the critical thing is that the usual

/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/sbin

does NOT get tacked onto the head of the path.

Anyone know