Re: can not use the command patch

Short version:
<WAG>
Try installing the package "patch" with Setup - it's in the Utils
categorie.
</WAG>

Long version:
<WAG>
While the Cygwin Net distribution contains many packages, not all of them
are installed by default. Many programs, including "patch", have to be
installed before they can be used.
You can use the search engine at http://cygwin.com/packages/ to look which
package you need for the "patch" utility, and then use
http://cygwin.com/setup.exe to install the appropriate package.
</WAG>

HTH

rlc

NB: if your problem is not that you're missing the "patch" package, please
read http://cygwin.com/problems.html and follow the instructions you find
there.