no cyrillic fonts in windows 2000

I have 2 installations of Win2K, and I was able to somehow get cygwin to display cyrillic input from the keyboard (although it still shows cyrillic filenames as ?s)... but I forgot how I did it! I have the latest XFree86-fcyr package (4.2.0-2) installed in both places and the same settings in Windows' Regional Options - English (United States) as my locale (location), Cyrillic/Russian as default System Locale, in Advanced I checked all the fonts that have anything to do with cyrillic, and Russian and English keyboard locales. Any suggestions? This is driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance