Re: Portable Cygwin on a CD

I think for most intents and purposes it's probably a much better idea to
stick with the original "choice exe's and dll's": most people won't need a
"portable but complete" installation of Cygwin.

For *my* intents and purposes, just having an editor, a mailer, the base
tools, and perhaps diff patch and gcc & binutils would be more than enough
for a portable Cygwin.

The whole autorun setup is still a good idea, though (IMHO), mostly for
demonstration purposes ("look what Cygwin can do on your machine!") and
for quickly getting a temp Cygwin up & running in a safe fashion..

As for the "can't write" errors: if the writing is being done in /tmp, it
may be an idea to mount /tmp on c:\temp or somesuch (%TEMP% or %TMP%
should provide a full path to a tempdir, IIRC).

HTH

rlc

NB: If you don't plan to go any further on this at all, would you consider
    sending me or the list the .bat file you currently use, and the
    changes you had to make to the bash profile? Thanx!