Re: cygipc (and PostgreSQL) XP problem resolved!

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 11:50:41PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>As you noted, since global atoms can't do that consistently, they are
>worthless.  What global atoms do seem to do is provide unique values
>across the system.  Unfortunately, one session doesn't seem to be able
>to access another session's atoms even if the ids are unique.

Actually, on further experimentation, my uniqueness assumption isn't
true.  I just managed to delete a system atom in my main login session
by using a global atom id derived from an ssh login.

So, the atoms are only unique within sessions.  Bummer.

cgf